I'm an experienced Yoga teacher based in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia. I've been teaching since 2007 and currently offer group classes and workshops in East Vancouver and private sessions in your home/workspace. I also teach specialist classes in restorative Yoga and yin Yoga.
'Restorative' is a fairly new style of yoga becoming more and more popular. It is passive, introspective and breath oriented where the body is supported on bolsters and blankets and still for longer periods of time than in an active class. The purpose of this type of practice is to shift the nervous system out of ‘fight or flight’ into a deeply felt relaxation response. Look at my schedule to see when I'm teaching.
What to remember about Yoga
- anyone can practice yoga.
- go at your own pace... ego leads to injury.
- move to the rhythm of your breath, it acts as your guide.
- come to your mat with an open mind.
- keep your practice consistent... only then will the benefits of yoga truly be seen.
" To take spirituality out of yoga is like going into a cafe and ordering a cappuccino and saying 'milk, sugar but hold the coffee', you are taking the yoga out of yoga."
Donna Farhi, Yoga Teacher & Author, New Zealand